Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Ultimate Consumer

           So, why write this blog? Why base a blog about different chapters of a textbook? Other then the obvious answer of this being a school assignment, there is actually more to it. It actually relates to my reason for taking consumer behaviour as a class. Well, you see most of my friends refer to me as the "ultimate consumer". Whether it be shoes, clothes, groceries or alcohol if it has a recognizable name, a pretty packaging or familiar face advocating it, my eyes and my feet will be directed towards it and for the most part I end up spending a bit more money then I should have. And I wanna know why? Why do people's senses and mind react to the marketing techniques that are so obviously used to get us to make purchases. The $10 no name product is just as good as the $25 brand name one but we are still willing to spend the extra $15. So that is what this blog is about; a couple of posts that give a bit of insight as to why we make the purchasing decisions that we do. 

P.S. I'm really bad at keeping up with blogs so there might be some time between posts; hope you still enjoy and keep coming back though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment